Aug 16; “2nd Annual River of Dreams Poker Run” on Cedar River, Cedar Falls-Waterloo
The 2nd Annual “River of Dreams” Poker Run, benefiting Magical Mix Kids, will be held in Cedar Falls/Waterloo on Saturday, August 16, 2014. Registration will be at Washington Park at 12:30 pm, with a first launch at 1:00 pm. This is not a race, but a fun-filled Poker Run for a great cause; all money raised goes to Magical Mix Kids.
The run will start at Washington Park and finish at the Waterloo Boat House, with stops along the way for refreshments, entertainment, and special programming. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd, and Last Place Poker Hands, music, food, and door prizes. If you don’t want to float, you can still participate in the poker and fun.
Cedar River WT Course Description
1. Washington Park-Cedar Falls Access: Registration, receive t-shirt, safety information and 1st poker card.
2. George Wyth Park Access: Receive 2nd poker card, activities.
3. Cedar Bend Park Access: Receive 3rd card, activities.
4. Sherwood Park: Receive 4th card, activities.
5. Waterloo Boat House/Exchange Park Access: Receive last card, hand verifications, food by Mark’s Smokin Que, and information booths.
For more info on event regulations, maps, and registration, visit http://www.935themix.com or call 319-277-1918.
Magical Mix Kids is a non-profit organization created to provide a worry-free vacation for chronically and terminally ill children of the Cedar Valley area. The “River of Dreams” Canoe/Kayak Poker Run is sponsored by The Mix 93.5, Cruisin 1250 Real Oldies, 1650 The Fan, Shirt Shack, Cedar Valley Paddlers, Iowa Northland Regional Council of Governments, City of Waterloo, Black Hawk County Conservation, & Iowa DNR.