Add to Calendar
Jeff White, of Skunk River Paddlers in Ames, is weighing a number of options for the route of the group’s “SRP Annual Spring Float,” set for Saturday, May 27.
Plan to meet at 9:00 am at the put-in, but the specific put-in & take-out on the Skunk River will be determined by weather and water flow closer to the date of the float. Possible routes include:
- Bible Camp (North of Story City) to Anderson Canoe Access
- Story City to McFarland Park
- Lekwa Access to Sleepy Hollow
- Anderson Canoe Access to River Valley North Park
- If the water is too high to paddle the river, another option would be to paddle the lake at Ada Hayden Park–Better than nothing!
For details and updates, visit “News & Events” on the SRP website: http://www.skunkriverpaddlers.org/