Photo Courtesy of Steven Niewoehner
Des Moines Bald Eagle Watch | 10am to 3pm
- What: Bald Eagle Day
- When: 9th 10:00am -3:00 pm
- Where: Fellowship Baptist Church 1503 SE 6th Street and on the SE 6th Street Bridge
- For Additional information: Contact Joel at 515 248 6369 www.parksEE@dmgov.org
Effigy Mounds National Monument, Bald Eagle Appreciation Event
- Contact Effigy Mounds National Monument: 563-873-3491 ext. 123
Saylorville Bald Eagle Watch | 12pm to 4pm
- 12-4 pm eagle viewing on the lake with spotting scopes and interpreters. Cottonwood Rec Area and Bob Shetler Rec Area will be open for viewing. Eagle movie at the lake visitor center.
- 1-3 pm Jester Park with have live birds presentations on the hour.
- Participants can pick up a passport at either location and when complete can enter into a drawing.
- Stop by the Saylorville Visitor’s Center to learn about the bald eagle, then venture outside to view them in their natural habitat. Jester Park Lodge will host a live eagle used for education. Hourly programs start at 1 pm. FREE. No registration required.
O’Brien County Bald Eagle Watch | 9am to 4 pm
- At the Prairie Heritage Center, 4931 Yellow Ave. , Peterson, IA 51047
- For more information Contact the Prairie Heritage Center at 712-295-7200 or visit the website at www.prairieheritagecenter.org